February 17th, 2011
SilverMotion 1.2.0 has been released
New general features:
- New method to load FileImage from SilverLight BitmapSource
- Moved the VideoTextureMotion to Motions.cs
- Camera now has ProjectPoint method which enables 3d to 2d point conversion
- New methods in RenderEnvironment to position 3d models quickly:
ProjectPoint - transforms a 3D point into its projected coordinates on the screen pixels
CastRay - Casts a ray from a given set of 2D coordinates and returns its starting point and direction in 3D
- When loading additional 3d models with Import3DSFile, SilverMotion now checks if the scene has lights and if it has it adds light shaders to the newely added models.
January 11th, 2011
SilverMotion Free Edition with removed limitations
SilverMotion Free Edition now has the logo watermark removed and has all the features of the commercial editions uncut.
The size of the assembly has been reduced. Also, a new demo is included in the package's Sample Projects, showing how to
load resources from internet remote sources.
Cheers and happy new year!
The SilverMotion team.
November 4th, 2010
SilverMotion 1.1.5 has been released
- New Custom Video Texture motion
- Fixed CustomMotion progress to be public
- Fixed model loading screen values
- Other small bugfixes
- New demo showing how to load resources and use the shading system
- Space Simulator game is now using custom fonts and has options to disable sound and frame limit
August 25th, 2010
New ordering system and price promotions
We are glad to announce that we are now using Plimus as our ordering system. You can order SilverMotion
by using Credit and Debit Cards, Local Bank Transfers, Electronic Checks / ACH, Wire Transfers, PayPal and etc.
And another good news for our customers - every SilverMotion order made before September 15th, 2010 will get a discount. Percentage depends
on the edition you are ordering. The Standard edition gets 20% off, and the Professional and Ultimate editions get 25% off.
Go to the Editions page to see the current prices.
August 17th, 2010
SilverMotion 1.1 has been released.
New general features:
-Support for dummy objects
-Introducing Picking with PickingGroups
-RotateLocalAxis, RotateGlobalAxis, TranslateLocal, TranslateGlobal, ScaleLocal, ScaleGlobal
Subtract, Normalize, Invert, FromSpherical, GetSpherical
Tag, IsDummy, PickingGroup
-RenderEnvironment.RayIntersection method and overrides
-Fixed occasional polygon clipping at screen corners
-Fixed occasional behind-camera polygons projection
New sample projects:
-WebResources loading (in commercial package only)
July 27th, 2010
SilverMotion 1.0.1 has been released.
- Functionality for accessing vertex and polygon data of a MeshResource
- Added X and Y properties in the MeshDraggedEventArgs class for the MeshDragged event
- Mesh picking
- MacOS licensing issue
Additionally, there are three more sample demos in the product package:
- Terrain generator
- Skybox demo
- Loading user picture demo
You can now follow SilverMotion on Facebook and
July 19th, 2010
SilverMotion - a real-time 3D rendering environment for the web is released to the public.
SilverMotion™ is a real-time 3D rendering environment for the web. Based on the cutting edge Microsoft Silverlight 4
technology, SilverMotion is reliable and requires only a web browser and Microsoft Silverlight in order to run.
SilverMotion provides reasonably fast real-time rendering with modern effects like bump mapping, refraction and reflection
mapping, cell-shading, multi-texturing, dynamic lighting, keyframe animation, fully dynamical cameras and more.